Kitebuggy-Eurocups Board
Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions

Board Menu
Home
Forum Overview
www.eurocups.org

Race Results
Register
Search
Statistics
Members
Team
Calendar

F.A.Q

Forum List
General
-- General Discussion
-- Eurocup News
-- Announcements
-- Eurocups 2006 Archive
Associations & Clubs
-- APC8 (French)
-- BCH (Dutch)
-- GPA (German)
Market Place
-- For Sale
-- Wanted

Links
Go to Link-List
- Associations
- Misc
- Private Homepages

Search
Search the Board:

Kitebuggy-Eurocups Board » General » General Discussion » looking for inputs on kite-buggy accident » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page looking for inputs on kite-buggy accident
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

APC8

images/avatars/avatar-33.png

Registration Date: 03-Sep-2013

Name: Board
Race Number: F000

looking for inputs on kite-buggy accident Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://www.extremesportmed.net/kite-buggy/

03-Oct-2013 12:36 APC8 is offline Send an Email to APC8 Homepage of APC8 Search for Posts by APC8 Add APC8 to your Buddy List

Jens Ball
GPA President

Registration Date: 19-Jun-2005

Name: Jens Ball
Race Number: G 628
Equipment: BBS Booster, U-Turn Nitro

RE: looking for inputs on kite-buggy accident Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

wy?

04-Oct-2013 19:35 Jens Ball is offline Send an Email to Jens Ball Homepage of Jens Ball Search for Posts by Jens Ball Add Jens Ball to your Buddy List

APC8

Thread Starter Thread Started by APC8
RE: looking for inputs on kite-buggy accident Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Through APC8 association, some people are involved on looking for a kind of ISO certification to monitor what kind of Helmet we should wear, is it DownHill Mountain bike, paragliding, motorcycle, ...

In the same way, we are looking on classifying the accident and conséquences for the pilots (and other persons involved).

In this discussion we had this message (I copy it there), and we felt it was relevant to involved expert to give there knowledge on this subject.

quote:
author:Francesco Feletti
My name is Francesco Feletti and I'm a physician (a Radiologist) and kite-buggy lover from Ravenna, Italy.
You can find my CV on www.francescofeletti.net

Some years ago I myself was a victim of a serious accident with kitesurfing fortunately without permanent consequences.
On that occasion I realized the importance of knowing what are the possible pitfalls in the practice of an extreme sport.
For this reason, now I spend my free time to study the risk profiles of extreme sports and to search for solutions to improve safety in these sports.
I think it is important to improve the safety in extreme sports but without destroying the soul of our sports: which means freedom and adrenalin and I'm aware that the risk cannot be completely eliminated.

Please complete this brief anonymous questionnaire to define the injuries that may have occurred in this sport.

http://www.extremesportmed.net/kite-buggy/

These data could be useful if they are related to some already in my possession to document these injuries (or lack of), and to contribute to the prevention of injuries in the future.
They are also useful to define the background from which one could achieve more accurate researches!
Obviously these data will be used in an anonymous way and your association would be extensively quoted in the text and in references as the source of data in the study or in its eventual publication.
Of course I will keep you constantly informed of the progress of the research.
I'm available for any clarification and any form of collaboration!

Thank you in advance!

Best regards!

Francesco Feletti, MD
Ospedale di Ravenna
e-mail. felettimd@gmail.com
International Society of Extreme Sports Medicine

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by APC8: 08-Oct-2013 10:44.

08-Oct-2013 10:43 APC8 is offline Send an Email to APC8 Homepage of APC8 Search for Posts by APC8 Add APC8 to your Buddy List

APC8

Thread Starter Thread Started by APC8
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Still working on the helmet issue, this article confirm the necessity to "choose" the right Helmet, it emphasise how important is the choice of helmet reference.

Olivier

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by APC8: 15-Oct-2013 09:14.

15-Oct-2013 09:14 APC8 is offline Send an Email to APC8 Homepage of APC8 Search for Posts by APC8 Add APC8 to your Buddy List

Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Kitebuggy-Eurocups Board » General » General Discussion » looking for inputs on kite-buggy accident

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH